Today we speak on cellular phones in less appropriate places for mobile communication like subways and elevators. Still the power of mobile providers is not limitless. Inhabitants of rural zones and remote regions, owners and clients of shops and saloons located in basements still suffer from weak signal or its absolute absence. In such situations mobile signal boosters are able to help considerably. Booster installation is a quick and easy task. However, dealing with technical devices we can always need some assistance. First helper in the process of booster installation can be the Manual for Mobile Repeater you’re welcome to download from the page of any gsm repeater model. To manage mobile phone booster installation easily you can also read the following article.
First of all, it’s necessary to know what a booster kit includes.
A. Cell phone repeater
B. Outdoor antenna with 16-meter standard cable
C. Indoor Omni antenna
D. Power supply (DC 5v)
Next let’s proceed with booster installation.
1. Find an appropriate position for an outdoor antenna.
Requirements to outdoor antenna installation:
- outdoor antenna should be installed on the roof of the house or in some other place where your mobile device is within coverage zone.
- Mobile signal should be as strong that at least three-four bars are indicated on your phone display.
- outdoor antenna should be fixed in straight.
2. Plug in the outdoor antenna to the mobile booster from BS side and fasten tightly.
3. Plug in the indoor antenna to the mobile booster from MS side and fasten tightly.
Requirements to indoor antenna installation:
- indoor antenna should be 5 meter distance from an outdoor antenna
- indoor antenna should be at least 2 meters above the ground
- indoor antenna should be fixed vertically with the ground.
4. Connect the signal booster to the Power Supply.
Some models have an inbuilt Power Supply.
Please, examine the manual applied to your model, if your signal repeater kit doesn’t include separate Power Supply, skip this step!
If the light indicator on the booster turns on it means the installation has been implemented correctly.
NOTE: Switch on the signal booster only after you connect outdoor and indoor antennas in the proper way!
5. Test the signal of your mobile telephone – a maximum quantity of bars should be indicated on the display of your phone in each corner of the location within booster coverage zone.
In case the mobile signal is still instable try to change the position of the outdoor antenna for more proper one.
1. Cables from outdoor antenna should not be wound and be placed as straight as possible in order not to create any hindrance for signal reception and its transmission.
2. Cables should be shortened to the acceptable maximum so that not to waste or decrease mobile signal coverage range.
3. In order to prevent water from coming into the mobile phone booster through the cable make a loop in it.
4. Keep the outdoor antenna as far as possible from frequency aerials, high voltage cables, metal nets or transformers.